Monday, January 16, 2017

STAMPIN' UP! DRAGONFLY DREAMS BIRTHDAY CARD

While playing with my new Dragonfly Dreams bundle, of stamps and thinlits dies, I decided to have a "throwback" to a colour scheme I liked to use when I started card-making almost 20 years ago - purple and teal.  I found it a bit amusing that my 21-year-old son, and his 20-year-old girlfriend, both really liked this colour combination, out of all the cards I made.

I had a couple of scraps of watercolour paper, that had been coloured (direct to paper) with inkpads, and spritzed with water.  I die-cut the intricate dragonfly from this watercoloured paper, then die-cut another dragonfly from Elegant Eggplant cardstock, snipping off the wings, so just the darker body was layered on top.  The bottom layer of the butterfly is the wings die-cut from Brights Designer Series Paper (in this case, Bermuda Bay).

I employed a couple of my favourite techniques from my early card-making days on this card ... stamping the dragonfly in Elegant Eggplant ink, all over the Elegant Eggplant card panel, and tearing the bottom of the Bermuda Bay and Elegant Eggplant panels.




I layered the dragonfly on a die-cut square of Irresistibly Floral Specialty Designer Series Paper; I like the sheen of the subtle embossed detail.



Listed below are all the Stampin' Up! products used to make this card.  If you would like to purchase them for yourself, just click on one of the thumbnail images to be taken direct to my online store.

I'd love it if you came back to visit tomorrow.  I will be sharing another Dragonfly Dreams card, using this same colour combination.


Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$159.00
Glue Dots
[103683]
$8.00

No comments:

Post a Comment