Friday, September 2, 2016

JAI #327: STAMPIN' UP! FATHER'S DAY CARD

Jan has set a lovely colour challenge at Just Add Ink this week:



These colours, along with Very Vanilla, are in the gorgeous By The Shore Designer Series Paper pack.  I have used the papers to make a Father's Day card for my boys to give their Dad.  He has moved into an apartment, with a beachy theme, in a seaside suburb, so this challenge was the perfect jumping-off point for my card.




I stamped some "bubbles",  from the Playful Backgrounds stamp set, over the wavy-patterned paper.  To add a bit of nautical interest, I embossed the starfish paper with the awesome new Cable Knit Dynamic Textured Impression Embossing Folder (phew, that's a mouthful!).  Very cool, don't you think?:




I have listed below the Stampin' Up! products used to make this card.  If you would like to buy the items for yourself, just click on one of the thumbnail images, and you'll be taken to my online store.

Make sure you check out the rest of the Just Add Ink Design Team's creations, using this lovely colour combo.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  I hope you enjoy special time with your families on Father's Day, this Sunday.


Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$159.00
Glue Dots
[103683]
$8.00

2 comments:

  1. This is such a fabulous Father's Day card Christine! I love the bold blocks of colour and how you've added interest with the background stamps and especially the embossing folder - such a fun effect!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Christine. Love how you have used the colours, and those bubbles just finish it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete