Friday, November 6, 2015

STAMPIN' UP! VINTAGE LEAVES FOR JAI #287

This week at Just Add Ink, Jodene has come up with some gorgeous inspiration pics for us.


 
My eye was instantly drawn to the gorgeous rich pink and purple leaves ... so, I cleared my mind of all the other elements in these pics, and came up with a card for a pink-loving friend (who's not averse to a little bling):
 
 
 
The card base is Rose Red, and I have repeatedly stamped leaves in Rose Red ink on Melon Mambo card.  The sparkly leaf was stamped in Wisteria Wonder, and watercoloured with Wisteria Wonder and Elegant Eggplant inks.  Once the purples were dry, I stamped over the top of the leaf again, with Versamark ink, then applied Heat & Stick Powder.  I heated it, to create a tacky base for Dazzling Diamonds glitter, then quickly heat-set that.  Here's a close-up of the gorgeous sparkly leaf:




I have listed below all the Stampin' Up! products I used to make this card.  If you'd like to buy any of them, you can click on one of the thumbnail images, to be taken direct to my online store.

This week's inspiration pics have resulted in some stunning creations from the Just Add Ink Design Team!  Make sure you check them out .. and, we'd love to have you play along with us!

Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$9.00

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Christine. The background stamping looks fabulous.and it is perfect behind the.leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Christine! The Rose Red background is gorgeous and that glittery, purple leaf is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my that leaf is just gorgeous Christine!! The tone on tone leaf background is lovely and I love your combination of colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous Christine! I love your leaf background - so beautiful and I will have to try these two colours together! And your wisteria sparkly leaf is such a wonderful focal point!! xx

    ReplyDelete