Friday, September 25, 2015

JAI # 281: STAMPIN' UP! BALLOON BASH FOR ETHAN'S BIRTHDAY

Di has suggested that we use our 3 favourite colours on a papercraft project, for this week's Just Add Ink challenge.

Cherry Cobbler and Crumb Cake are hands down my go-to colours; I have teamed them with Lost Lagoon, to make a card for my "baby", who turned 15 last weekend.  I love stars, and balloons, for boy cards.  The white-embossed Brushstrokes image, on Cherry Cobbler card, looks to me to be a bit "circus-y".  Whilst I don't like the circus, I do like the stripy tents!  The 'twine' that is laid across the card is actually strands pulled loose from Stampin' Up!'s wide burlap ribbon; I love the rustic look it provides.  I didn't have any Cherry Cobbler candy dots left, so I used one of my Blendabilities to colour a White Perfect Accent.

Here's Ethan's card:




All the current Stampin' Up! products used to make this card are listed below; if you'd like to buy them, you can click on any of the thumbnail images, to be taken direct to my online store.

We would love for you to share your creation, using your 3 favourite colours, at Just Add Ink this week!  Pop over and check out the rest of the Design Team's creations, for some inspiration.


 
Product List
Heat Tool
[129056]
$50.00
Big Shot
[113439]
$169.00

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Ethan. Great card. Inspired use of burlap ribbon, I will have to give that a go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this fantastic card. Your colour pair up and the elements on this card are terrific. I like the sentiment stamped on the star. I never would have thought to do that, and yet it is such a great look! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is feast of detail Christine. I love all the star details and nothing says birthday better than balloons :) It's a fab colour combo too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Christine - lots a great elements there for a boys/mans card. I really like the way you have used the Burlap - great idea. Chantell x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete