Friday, September 11, 2015

JAI #279 : STAMPIN' UP!'S JOYFUL SEASON

We have a great sketch challenge, courtesy of Narelle, at Just Add Ink this week.



I have inked up, for the first time, my new Joyful Season stamp set.  I have long been a fan of cardinals - birds we don't see in Australia - so this was a must-have set for me.  Being photopolymer, it is super-easy to line up the solid images and line images.  Once I'd stamped the bird, branch and berries on Very Vanilla card, I used my Circles framelits to cut the main piece.  While the card was still inside the circle die, I sponged Crumb Cake ink inside the edge of the die; once lifted, it left a thin border of uninked Very Vanilla card. 

Take a look at the GORGEOUS new Home For Christmas enamel dots in our range!!  I've always had a weakness for enamel dots, so I'm thrilled we have these Christmassy ones to craft with.



Listed below are all the lovely Stampin' Up! products I used to make this card.  If you'd like to purchase them from my online store, you can click on any of the thumbnail images.

Make sure you check out the beautiful creations of the rest of the talented Just Add Ink Design Team.  We would love to see you playing along with our challenge this week!



Product List
Heat Tool
[129056]
$50.00
Big Shot
[113439]
$169.00

6 comments:

  1. Goodness Christine you such know how to WOW!!! This is the second stunning card I have seen from you this week. It is a tricky sketch this week from Just Add Ink but you and Delys have created amazing cards with the sketch. I always love when I see you JAI girls have released a new challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a stunning and eye catching card Christine! Love it! THe cardinal looks amazing and I love your mix of DSP. The sponged circle is very effective and I love the look that it gives! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine, That is a lovely card, I like that for Christmas card, something different, the bird looks nice and with those enamel dot are nice a shinny, great job, Cheers Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sponging in your circle adds that extra touch, just gorgeous. Love your card this week, my friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a stunning card Christine! I love your beautiful cardinal and your sponging inside the circle is a wonderful way to highlight the edge. Just love it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous Christmas card my friend! Love your cardinal and I really love the use of the music background paper. Beautiful as always xx

    ReplyDelete