Friday, November 28, 2014

JAI #242: SUNSHINEY BLOOM WITH HOPE

This week's Just Add Ink challenge invites lots of flowery goodness.  We have an inspiration pic for you - and you may choose whatever from the graphic that inspires you.  No need to go 'floral' - it might be the colours, or watercolour effect, that jump out at you.   Here's the "jumping off" point:




Although the gorgeous daisies are white with yellow centres, I've used a bit of creative licence on my card.  I have had a coloured panel on my desk for weeks, just waiting to be added to a card - until I came to create this card, I just wasn't sure how to use it.  My flowers are yellow with white centres.  To be truthful, when I originally coloured the flowers using my Blendabilities, the flower centres were orange.  I've used my white chalk marker, and white gel pen, to re-colour the centres for this challenge!  The fabulously useful tiny die-cut butterfly hides an ink smudge.  Love that. :)




I'm very happy with the way this card turned out.  Isn't the sentiment gorgeous?  I've kept it all pretty simple, for a nice, fresh, happy look.

Make sure you check out the rest of the Just Add Ink Design Team's creations; we have loads of talent on the team, and love sharing what we make.

Below are all the Stampin' Up! products used to make this card - you can click on the images to be taken directly to my online store.  (NB: Bloom With Hope is a 'hostess' stamp set that you may only earn for free, with a qualifying order of $300+.)


 
 
Product List
Big Shot
[113439]
$149.95
Glue Dots
[103683]
$8.95

7 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty card, Christine. The flowers are beautiful and the paper piercing around the sentiment really draws the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine, Your card has turned out lovely , I like the yellow, white & blue, and those embossed flowers near the sentiment really stand out,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well how clever are you to adapt your flower centres that way! I'm a huge fan of little additions to cover smudges too - there are no mistakes in creativity! This is such a lovely bright card and just makes me smile. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty card, Christine! Blue and yellow are always so lovely together. I really like the bottom panel with the sentiment and the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty and such a lovely cheery card my friend! Love the addition of that wee little butterfly up in the corner too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! I would never have known that the flower centres were originally orange Christine. Love your clever recycling of this delightful bright and happy panel to make such a charming card. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever save Christine. Love the bright yellow summery take on the inspiration and yes that sentiment is lovely. xxx

    ReplyDelete