Friday, November 7, 2014

JAI #239: COLOUR CHALLENGE

This week's challenge at Just Add Ink is to use the following fabulous colour combination on a papercraft project:



Nikki chose these colours, and I must say I am loving them.  Once I'd made today's card, I made another - that I'll share with you at a later date!  I don't think I've used Lost Lagoon and Early Espresso together, but they are a fantastic combo for masculine cards (my favourite).

Although it's not really obvious on my card, I used Brushed Gold cardstock for the gold elements; it's rather muted and subtle, so you could be forgiven for thinking it's Crumb Cake in the photo.  For a male card, though, I love that it's not 'flashy'.  Here's what I made, for a very special young man:






All of the Stampin' Up! products used to make this card can be purchased from my online store, by simply clicking on the images below.

Make sure you check out the beautiful creations made by the rest of the Just Add Ink Design Team - this colour combination lends itself to such a variety of styles and designs.


 
 
 < Product List

7 comments:

  1. Another great card Christine - may just have to case this one at some stage. Yes, the brushed gold does look different. I hadn't thought to emboss it either but it looks good.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card, Christine! Stars galore, and used is so many great ways. I especially love the Early Espresso piece with the stars punch out, showing off the Brushed Gold card stock underneath. Great idea to use that type of gold for a masculine card. Absolutely terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine, That is a lovely male card, I do like the colours together, I think your special person will love this, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks pretty 'flash' to me! A great masculine cards. I love the gold brushed cardstock...another thing to add to the next order! :)
    I'm sure Mr.Special will love it. Lou xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous masculine card, you rocked these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cool masculine card, Christine! The brushed gold is perfect for a guy card - toned down bling :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an awesome guy card!

    ReplyDelete