Monday, November 10, 2014

BIG, RED, BLENDED BLOOM - FOR THE CHALLENGE #18

I couldn't resist the challenge Lesley has set this fortnight; this colour combination is right up my alley!







I have used both the sketch and the colour combo to make a card for my sister-in-law (whose birthday was over a week ago, but she knows I love her!):




The flower I've used as my focal point was one I coloured when I first bought my Blendabilities ... I have quite a few that I am yet to add to projects!  I used my "Blendies" to colour the rhinestone in the centre of the flower, too.  The Whisper White panel in the background has been stamped first with the leaves from Kinda Eclectic, in Crumb Cake ink.  I felt it needed a bit more 'oomph', so then overstamped in Early Espresso using the foliage from Choose Happiness.  I really like the contrast of the fine line detail, against the more solid leaves.  As I tend to do, I went a bit overboard with the number of stamp sets used on one card - I really need to focus on using only one or two sets, I think!

Listed below are all the current Stampin' Up! products used to make this card; if you click on any image, you'll be taken to my online store.

 
 
 
 
Product List
Owl Punch
[118074]
$29.95

4 comments:

  1. Hi Christine, I don't think that you have gone overboard, I quite like all the different stamping, colouring and layers that you used, very nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Christine! This is gorgeous! That bloom pops off the card and the stamped leaves on the background is awesome. So happy you joined us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the subtle designs that you stamped as background! The blended bloom is AMAZING! Thanks for joining us at The Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, beautiful card, Christine! You knocked out the colors and the sketch! Love the stamped background too! Thanks for playing The Challenge! Nance, DT

    ReplyDelete