Friday, August 15, 2014

JAI #227: STARRY CHRISTMAS CARD

This week's Just Add Ink challenge is to use chipboard on our papercraft projects.

Whilst I don't have chipboard, I do have Stampin' Up!'s Coaster Board - a bit thinner than chipboard, but thicker than cardstock.

I have received my pre-order of a WHOLE lot of yummy Christmas products, from the upcoming Holiday Catalogue (it goes live on 28th of August).  I've used a heap of them on my card for today's challenge!

The gorgeous All is Calm Designer Series Paper determined my colour scheme of Soft Sky and Lost Lagoon, with Whisper White.  Silver accents are perfect with the blues.

To create the feature stars, I brayered Soft Sky ink onto my new Lucky Stars embossing folder (I can see this getting a LOT of use this year for Christmas).  I placed a piece of Vanilla Coaster Board inside the embossing folder, and rolled it through my Big Shot ... this created a coloured background, and left the raised stars 'raw'.  I then used my Stars framelits to die-cut the stars.  Next, I ran a Versamarker around the edges of the stars, and sprinkled on a mixture of Silver and Iridescent Ice embossing powders, before heat setting it.  I added the same treatment to the edges of the Lost Lagoon card layer.

Enough talk - here's the pic:



Stamps: Bright & Beautiful
Card: Soft Sky, Lost Lagoon, Whisper White, Vanilla Coaster Board
DSP: All is Calm (avail. 28/8)
Ink: Soft Sky stampin' pad, Versamark inkpad, Versamarker
Other: Silver and Iridescent Ice embossing powders, Lucky Stars embossing folder (avail. 28/8), Confetti Stars punch (avail. 28/8), Lost Lagoon taffeta ribbon (avail. 28/8), Frosted Sequins (avail. 28/8), multipurpose liquid glue, mini glue dots
 
 
Make sure you check out the rest of the Design Team's samples.  We'd love for you to play along with us at Just Add Ink!
 
 


9 comments:

  1. Christine I really like the colours you've pick for this Christmas card and I love the pretty little star cutouts at the bottom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those colours look fantastic together! Great card, Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara Lindsey15 August, 2014 11:42

    Ooooh Christine, this is lovely, I love it when Christmas isn't the traditional red and green (though I do love that too of course). Your card is gorgeous. Lost Lagoon is going to be a definite favourite colour for me this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Christmas card is just gorgeous Christine! I love all of the subtle glimmer on our card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you went to town on the details here my friend. Love it! All that glitz and shimmer is right up my alley. Love the colour scheme too, All is Calm soooo pretty. xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything about this is fabulous, loving the colours and a really clever way to use chipboard. You JAI girls have come up with really clever ways to use chipboard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely! I thought I could live without this set but maybe not!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea to use Coaster Board Christine! Loving all the little details and elements, particularly the tiny stars at the bottom - too sweet and finishes it off perfectly.
    Lou xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful Christine! I love the elegance of these colours and I love how you've used your coaster board.

    ReplyDelete