Tuesday, February 5, 2013

PP # 131 : STAMPIN' UP! FLOWERING FLOURISHES

I have inked up my new Flowering Flourishes stamp set for the first time, to make a sympathy card for a dear fellow crafter who has been dealt some very difficult cards lately.

I'm entering this card in this week's challenge at The Paper Players; it has been way too long since I've played along with them, so one of my resolutions, starting off the year, is to rectify that.






Here's the card I made, with pops of Stampin' Up!'s beautiful Daffodil Delight (although I didn't realise until I'd finished that the ribbon is actually So Saffron - oh well!).  The subtle addition of two white butterflies has some significance, that I hope will be special to the recipient.


 
Stamps: Flowering Flourishes, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Card: Crumb Cake, Whisper White
DSP: Daffodil Delight Patterns Designer Series Paper
Ink: Crumb Cake stampin' pad
Other: Beautiful Wings embosslits, Lacy Brocade embossing folder, Word Window punch, Modern Label punch, sponge dauber, White Organza ribbon, So Saffron taffeta ribbon, glue dots, Fancy Flower punch, 5-Petal Flower punch (retired), Boho Blossoms punch, Basic Pearl, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Sticky Strip
 
 
 
 
 
 
ETA:  The lovely, and supremely talented, Joanne Leddy is responsible for making me addicted to creating these gorgeous paper flowers.  You can see her easy-to-follow tutorial HERE.
 

6 comments:

  1. Love the colour and texture! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always a sad time when we have to use that sentiment, but your soft colours and that pop of yellow are lovely and l'm sure your kindness will be appreciated Christine.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Christine & will be much appreciated by the recipient. The colours are lovely & the stamped & embossed background panel is stunning! Hugs :0

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, Christine! I love the soft color combination of yellow and crumb cake and your flower is gorgeous! So glad you were able to join us at The Paper Players...hope to see more of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine:
    Love your card - especially the colors. Do you have a tutorial for your lovely flower? I didn't even see the butterflies till you mentioned them in your post!
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a gorgeous card, Christine! I love the stamped image under the embossing and that flower is amazing! Thanks for sharing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete