Sunday, September 30, 2012

SC 061/12: STAMPIN' UP! PAPILLON POTPOURRI

Today is my last post as a Guest Designer for Sunny Challenges & Creations, which makes me rather sad - I've had a ball!  Thanks to Vicky, Kris and Gwen for having me as part of the team these past two months.

This week's challenge is to make a card or other papercraft project using the sketch below, AND using something from Stampin' Up!'s new Annual Catalogue.




 
 
I've used a few new "somethings" on my card, because I have lots of pretty new toys to play with, and couldn't quite narrow it down!  My starting point was the beautiful papers from the Floral District pack; they determined that I'd use Rich Razzleberry and Baja Breeze together.  I have used the must-have Papillon Potpourri stamp set, and matching Elegant Butterfly punch.  Another of my favourite new stamp sets is Delightful Dozen - a great mix of sentiments, one of which is that used on my card.  The gorgeous Delicate Doilies Sizzlits die features on this card; just LOVE that die (it cuts three different sized doilies, of which this is the largest - perfect for cards).  The last of the new products I've used (and which you can barely see - but I know it's there!) is Dazzling Details glitter glue, on the embossed dots beneath the stamped butterfly.
 
I think I've managed to fulfil the brief to use "something new" - don't you?!
 
Here's my card:
 
 

 
Stamps: Papillon Potpourri, Delightful Dozen, En Francais
Card: Rich Razzleberry, Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla, Watercolour paper
DSP: Floral District and First Edition Designer Series Papers
Ink: Jet Black Staz-on inkpad, Rich Razzleberry and Baja Breeze stampin' pads, Rich Razzleberry marker
Other: Elegant Butterfly punch, 2 1/2" Circle punch, Delicate Doilies Sizzlits die, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, blender pens, sponge daubers, Baja Breeze seam binding, Dazzling Details, glue dots, paper snips
 
 
Make sure you check out the rest of the Design Team's samples.  We hope you'll play along with us!
 
 

9 comments:

  1. It's Beautiful!
    Greetings Mieke'S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous colour combo Christine! Glad your having fun using your new toys:)

    Luv Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful christine. I think you have more than used your fair share of new toys..... That DSP looks like fabric - must be the pattern. Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer the past 2 months - it has been a real pleasure & a lot of fun. I will still be visiting often

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful colours. Your butterfly is just stunning Christine and l love that it tie's in with the one on the First Edition DSP. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is stunning Christine. We have enjoyed having you as part of the team for the past two months. We will miss your lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christine your card is beautiful! I love the paper's you used, the butterfly is beautifully colored and your bow is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely the colour combo, Christine. That butterfly is gorgeous and so is the little bow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Christine. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Christine, what a beautiful combination of "new"! The colours are so striking, as is the main butterfly image. Fabulous card. Enjoy your new goodies! Can't wait to see more. Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete