Saturday, September 22, 2012

BLOG HOP : STAMPIN' UP'S ANNUAL CATALOGUE

Today I am taking part, with six other Stampin' Up! demonstrators, in a blog hop, showcasing products from Stampin' Up!'s new Annual Catalogue.  Our new catalogue came out in Australia and New Zealand, along with the fabulous new Holiday Catalogue, at the beginning of September - and boy, am I having fun playing with my new toys!!

You may have come to my blog from Ros Davidson's blog, but if not, don't worry - you can do a full circle, and get to visit the blogs of everyone involved in the 'hop' today, just by clicking on the link at the end of each participant's blog post.

I have a couple of cards to share with you today.  I'm a bit excited about the first one, because I've used a medium that's new to me, in cardmaking.  I can't sew, and was a bit unsure what to do with the cute Summer Smooches fabric I received as a 'freebie' at Stampin' Up! Convention this year.  I decided to try adhering some fabric to a piece of cardstock - so I simply covered a piece of Whisper White card with my Anywhere Glue Stick (which has square edges, making it super-easy to cover a card panel).  I smoothed a piece of bright, flowery fabric over the card, and ran it through my Big Shot, using my trusty Top Note die.  Check out the cute result, below!  The sweet little sentiment is from a lovely new stamp set called A Fitting Occasion.





Stamps: A Fitting Occasion
Card: Real Red, Whisper White
DSP: Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper
Ink: Versamark inkpad, Tempting Turquoise and Real Red stampin' pads
Other: Summer Smooches Designer Fabric, Top Note die, Lucky Limeade ruffled ribbon, 1" Circle punch, Curly Label punch, sticky strip





My next card features Summer Starfruit, one of the five new "In Colors" that will be in Stampin' Up!'s range for two years.  I've watercoloured one of the images from the new hostess stamp set called Summer Afternoon, and teamed it with some gorgeous Comfort Cafe paper, which has Summer Starfruit, Cajun Craze and Soft Suede patterns - love it!



Stamps: Just Believe, Summer Afternoon
Card: Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Summer Starfruit, Cajun Craze, watercolour paper
DSP: Comfort Cafe Designer Series Paper
Ink: Timber Brown Staz-On (not SU!), Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Summer Starfruit, Cajun Craze and Old Olive stampin' pads
Other: Blender pens, Regals brads, Victoria crochet trim, Lots of Tags sizzlits, Itty Bitty shapes punch, Basic Pearl, sponge dauber, mini glue dots



The next stop on the blog hop today is Nikki Sadler's blog.  We'd love it if you visited each of our blogs, and left us a comment so we know you've been.  We hope to inspire you to use your new Stampin' Up! products in different ways.


Here's a complete list of all the people taking part in today's blog hop, in case you lose your way at any point:



Ros Davidson http://www.rosdavidson.typepad.com

Christine Blain http://www.christineblain.blogspot.com  (you're here!)

Nikki Sadler http://www.inkyart.com.au

Margaret Knoops http://www.purplebuttons.wordpress.com

Tina Gillespie http://scissorspapercard.blogspot.com

Di Dunk http://www.stampartbydi.typepad.com

Sue Madex http://www.madexcreations.com


 Enjoy "hopping"!



10 comments:

  1. Stunning!!! I especially love the watercolouring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I'm not a dressmaker either Christine, but your cards look absolutely amazing! Love the brightness of the first one. Maybe I should add fabric to my Wish List & also go outside my comfort zone. Just goes to show, we can use anything on a card!

    Margaret Knoops

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cards as always Christine - yes I too have a box of fabric that somehow I have to incorporate somewhere - great example. I really love the watercoloured card - had glanced over the set and now I am thinking it will be a must have with my next order!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Absolutely love that bright vibrant first card. Well done with the fabric - it looks terrific.

    Love your second card too, good on your for enjoying some water colouring. It's a lovely image. I'm still not sold on the Summer Starfruit colour. But love what you've done with it.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two great cards Christine! The effect of the diecut fabric is really lovely in those bright happy colours...it makes me smile!
    Love the soft earthy colours on your second card too. Not sold on that set yet, but l love your use of it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards Christine. I like how you have used the top note die to showcase the material - it looks crisp and clean.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your cards Christine. I haven't got any fabric yet. Something I will have to get onto when I see what can be done....thanks for sharing your gorgeous cards with us

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards as usual, my friend! I love the cheerfulness of the Smooches card, and you've watercoloured the image beautifully on the other.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both lovely, Christine. Love the bright, cheeriness of the first one and the gorgeous watercoloured image on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The fabric topnote piece is fantastic, Christine, & the complete card is so sweet & cheery, as Nikki said, it just makes you want to smile! :) :) :)
    The second card is lovely too & showcases both the colours & image beautifully! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete