Sunday, August 26, 2012

SC 055/12: NEW STAMPIN' UP! CHRISTMAS GOODIES

Today is my final post as a Guest Designer for Sunny Challenges & Creations - a bit sad!  I've really enjoyed being part of the Design Team for the month of August, and would like to thank Vicky, Kris and Gwen for having me on the team.

This week's sketch challenge is to be used to make a Christmas card.




It just so happens that I have a few new Christmas products in my stash, thanks to Stampin' Up! allowing us demonstrators to order items in advance of their release on 1st September.  I really love the "Be of Good Cheer" Designer Series Paper, so that forms the basis of my card.  The fun sentiment is from a new stamp set called Wacky Wishes (which is free with an order over $300).  Gumball Green, one of the five scrumptious new In Colors coming on 1st September, also features heavily on my card.






Stamps: Snow Swirled, Wacky Wishes (available 1st September)
Card: Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Gumball Green
DSP: Be of Good Cheer Designer Series Paper
Ink: Cherry Cobbler and Gumball Green stampin' pads
Other: Labels Collections Framelits die, Regals brads, Gumball Green stitched satin ribbon, Mat Pack and Paper Piercing Tool, Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, mini glue dots



We'd love to have you join us for this Christmas challenge.  Make sure you check out the rest of the Design Team's samples for inspiration!






6 comments:

  1. Loving all the new products Christine. That paper is so perfect, especially with the ribbon (new), brads & to finish it off how you used the punch on the bottom of your card. Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer this month, it has been great.
    PS Just had to mention the word "Christmas" - how very clever???? Bet you thought I wouldn't pick it up haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this colour combo, Christine. It is bold and fresh and the greeting makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine, firstly let me say thanks for being part of the team this month. It has been fun having you share your amazing talent with us. I loved all your cards and this week is no exception. I especially love that new DSP and the stitched satin ribbon is gorgeous. Oh and don't forget that whacky greeting - love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great inspiration, Christine! Bold but gorgeous colour combination! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh NO! Now I need those sentiments too! he he he - am loving all the new products, but it's gonna leave me broke. Oh well, better broke and happy than rich and sad :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute are those alternating brads!!! Fab use of these fun papers & sentiment, Christine! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete