Sunday, August 19, 2012

DD #16: STAMPIN' UP!'S TOOL SHED

It has been a little while since I've been organised enough to play along with the challenge at Dynamic Duos, and I've missed it!  I'm pleased to say that I have had some time in my craft room today, and made a card for this week's colour challenge:








It is Father's Day in the southern hemisphere next month, so I thought these colours would work great for a masculine card.  Here's what I came up with:






Stamps: Tool Shed, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Card: River Rock (smooth and textured), Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Basic Black and River Rock stampin' pads, Basic Black marker
Other: Mat Pack and Paper Piercing tool, Word Window punch, Modern Label punch, Decorative Label punch, Square Lattice embossing folder, Basics Glimmer Brads, sponge daubers, edge distressing tool, Basic Black taffeta ribbon, Linen Thread, mini glue dots





13 comments:

  1. Great card Christine! Perfect for Father's Day!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been waiting to see this in use..:0) Love the distressed grungy look, it works perfectly with these colours and the negative punch out makes a great frame for the sentiment...sigh, time to update my wish list..:0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going with a Father's Day card too and then changed my mind at the last minute - they are great colours for a masculine card. This is a fabulous man card Christine - glad to hear you're back in your craft room! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tattered edges with the worn look of the tool background work so well together! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you have done here Christine.....you always amaze me with your work :):):) Marls

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect stamps and theme for these colors! I'm so glad you joined us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors are perfect for a father's day card! Why didn't I think of that?
    Your card is beautiful, I love the background!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Dynamic Duos!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those tools are fantastic! Great card Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing background yu have created with the textures card! This is amazing (again), Christine! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christine, this is very cool! Love that background with the distressed details and I esoecially like how you used the punch as a frame for the sentiment. Such a great idea! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love this card Christine. You are a very talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love this card Christine. You are a very talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fabulous combination of colours, images & embellishments, Christine! Love it. Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete