Tuesday, June 26, 2012

ATS "MAKE YOUR MARK" CHALLENGE 1

There is a new challenge blog happening over at Addicted to Stamps, and I am scraping in at the eleventh hour with an entry for the very first challenge - to use markers on a papercraft project.

I've had another play with my new Frightful Sight Designer Series Paper - it constitutes most of my card's design.  I have inked up the sentiment with my Stampin' Write Markers, in colours that match the patterns on the DSP.

Here it is - simple, but I think a pretty cool 'boy' card:




Stamps: Happiest Birthday Wishes
Card: Cajun Craze, Basic Black, Old Olive
DSP: Frightful Sight Designer Series Paper
Ink: Cajun Craze, Basic Black, Old Olive and Basic Gray markers
Other: Glimmer Brads (Basics and In Color), Tasteful Trim Bigz XL die, Mat Pack and paper piercing tool



I look forward to taking part in more of Kylie's challenges.  You should check out the challenge site, too!





14 comments:

  1. Woohoo you joined the first challenge! LOVE your card - that spidey paper is gorgeous and I love your ric rac trim.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine I love this card!! Love the bold colours, such a great boys card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am wondering who this creepy crawly creation is for! Definitely male ... I think! My girls would freak if I gave them this one! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card - love the way you have coloured your sentiment - thanks for joining in this week at ATS - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect boys card! Love the colours!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card - love the colours Christine and it's perfect for the boys! Thanks so much in joining in with our first challenge at ATS.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it makes a great boy card too given their love of creepy crawlies! Mind you, it's always me who has to get the spiders out in our house! I love my SU markers for just the thing you've used them for. In fact, I can't imagine how I lasted so long without them. They've given a whole new lease of life to my stamps! Thanks so much for joining in our first challenge at Addicted to Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there, thank you so much for making history and for being part of our first ever challenge at Addicted to stamps.Loe your card and all of those creepy crawlies just fantastic and so much fun, I think its cool too.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christine, I LOVE it! Aren't those markers just the best! We don't see enough 'boy' cards lol. Thanks so much for joining us at Addicted to Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card. Great design for a boy. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWESOME boy card Christine! Love how you have inked up your sentiment & the crawly but cute DSP. Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card Christine the sentiment is fab and those spiders would def appeal to a boy! Thanks for joining us this week at ATS
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab boy card, Christine. The ric rac border gives it pop. Those spiders are definitely too real looking!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a fantastic Card for a boy.
    Tam x

    ReplyDelete