Friday, April 13, 2012

JUST ADD INK #113 : AN INSPIRATION PICTURE

This week at Just Add Ink, we have an inspiration picture, provided by Jodene, to use as a basis for our papercraft projects.  You may interpret the picture however you like - it might be the actual items in the photo that inspire you, or it may be the colour scheme.  Our Design Team have come up with a variety of ideas, so make sure you check them out at the Just Add Ink site!

I have drawn inspiration from the Stampin' Up! colours I see - Sahara Sand, Calypso Coral, a little Pool Party, and tiny touches of black.  Here's the picture, so you can see what I mean:






I started off with a piece of watercolour paper, onto which I white-embossed the gorgeous rose image from Stampin' Up!s Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set.  I then used sponges to add colour to the flowers (not taking great care to stay within the lines - that was quite liberating for me!), and Sahara Sand ink in the spaces that were left.  I spritzed the inked areas with water, hoping the colour would run a bit.  It didn't, so I opted to add some Champagne shimmer mist to finish it off!

Here's my card, followed by a close-up of the shimmer, and the dry-embossed sentiment tag:







Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, Sincere Salutations
Card: Calypso Coral, Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Watercolour paper
Ink: Versamark inkpad, Sahara Sand and Calypso Coral stampin' pads, Basic Black marker
Other: Pool Party seam binding, Beautiful Wings embosslits, Manhattan Flower embossing folder, sponge dauber, stampin' sponges, Champagne shimmer paint (mixed with Isocol to make shimmer spray), Mat Pack and paper piercing tool, white embossing powder, Basic Pearls

13 comments:

  1. The soft blending of the flowers & background is gorgeous Christine, & the shimmer is just divine! Love the scrunchy bow & the fact that you have incorporated both types of embossing. Fabulous! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the soft shimmery colour of the roses, Christine. The flag sentiment and bow balances everything nicely. It is more beautiful IRL :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this card my friend, so soft and shimmery.
    I have awarded you the Liebster blog award because your blog is a constant source of inspiration. Please pop over to my blog to collect your award.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so soft & pretty Christine. I love the addition of the wrinkled ribbon bow - sets everything off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and feminine Christine. Love the way you've coloured your roses and the shimmer is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh lots of sparkle here! Just loving the seam binding :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so pretty Christine. I'm not usually a floral person, but this card really sings to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous Christine! Love the effect of sponging over the embossed flowers. Very soft and pretty :)
    Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This technique is gorgeous ... and I love your card ... I think the shimmer mist is perfect, it must look lovely in real!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card Christine and a great colour technique, topped of with that yummy crinkled seam binding bow...Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You girls are so talented with your techniques - I think I may be technique challenged! You've created a gorgeous shimmery card Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A soft and pretty card Christine, and I love the addition of the seam binding too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a neat trick to use the matching embossing folder on the tag! Such a beautiful design, Christine! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete