Tuesday, January 17, 2012

JAI #100 : JUST ADD CROWNS

This week my favourite challenge site, Just Add Ink, is celebrating a huge milestone - it's their 100th challenge!  To commemorate this auspicious occasion, since a letter from the Queen isn't forthcoming, we're being encouraged to submit a card or other papercraft project with one or more crowns on it.  My friend Helen ran with the "or more" suggestion (love her card - check it out here).  I, on the other hand, have kept mine very simple.

What first sprang to mind, when I mulled over how I could incorporate a crown on a card, were rich, regal colours.  I chose to use Concord Crush with Brushed Gold, and Shimmery White cardstock for my embossed images.  I wanted my card to have a clean, formal look about it (and I think the end result somewhat resembles a tuxedo - what do you think???!!).




Stamps: Parlor Prints, Established Elegance, Curly Cute
Card: Concord Crush, Brushed Gold, Shimmery White
Ink: Versamark inkpad
Other: Gold embossing powder, XL Tag punch, In Color Glimmer brad, Itty Bitty shapes circle punch, Whisper White satin ribbon, Basic Rhinestones, mini glue dots, stampin' dimensionals

13 comments:

  1. Great card Christine, I just love that colour combo, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colour combo, Christine. Very regal :) I can't believe I missed the posts of your holiday. It looks like you all had a fantastic time! We went to San Fransisco for my eldest son to play baseball 2 years ago and loved every minute of it. I can't wait to go back and explore more of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very regal . nice card christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely rich & regal Christine! Love the parlor print background topped off by the contrast of textures with the metallic card, sleek satin & the glimmery brad! Sumptuous! The focal embossed image looks fabulous on the tag. Hugs :) (& thanks for the shout out!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh just lovely Christine - very regal and rich. The clean lines are a great contrast to that ornate crown images.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. your background embossing is so lovely and subtle and compliments the rest of your card beautifully, the clean lines and colours are perfect. Thanks fo helping us celebrate our 100th challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very regal, Christine with the striking purple and golden crown.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back, my friend. A very elegant card for your first of the year! Looks like you had a fab time in the US. Loooove that cute picture of the squirrel. I couldn't stop taking pictures of them. Looking forward to catching up soon, hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your choice of colours for this card Christine, they do give it a regal look.
    So glad you could play with us at JAI during our special week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very elegant and clean card Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clever idea to make your regal card look like a tuxedo. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those rich, regal colours. Beautiful card and lovely to see you've made your way back into your craft room after your exciting holiday. Happy Stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your creative juices are flowing again...yay! Stunning card...love everything about it xx

    ReplyDelete