Saturday, September 17, 2011

WELL WORN, PERFECTLY PENNED MALE CARD

A friend of ours, who doesn't visit my blog (as far as I know!), is about to celebrate a birthday.  It's a very special day on our calendar, as our second son was born on the same day (albeit some 34 years after Darren was).

I decided to cut into my brand new pack of Stampin' Up!'s "Well Worn" papers, and put some ink on my new "Perfectly Penned" stamp set.

In hindsight, I should've done a bit more tearing, to reveal larger sections of the bottom layer of paper, but, for a first attempt at playing with these papers, I'm not unhappy with how the card turned out.



Stamps: Extreme Elements, Perfectly Penned, Texture jumbo wheel
Card: Early Espresso, Naturals Ivory
DSP: Well Worn and Cajun Craze Patterns Designer Series Papers
Ink: Early Espresso stampin' pad and marker, Soft Suede and Not Quite Navy stampin' pads
Other: Regals brads, sponge daubers, Mat Pack and Paper Piercing tool, edge distressing tool

2 comments:

  1. I Love this card... I need to get my hands on some of that paper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EE strikes again! Every time you pull out that set Christine, you make something wonderful (but then all your cards are wonderful!!). Love the sentiment stamped on the text panel & the wonderful comfortable "feel" this card has. Now I need to buy that paper too! :)

    ReplyDelete