Friday, September 16, 2011

JAI #85 : JUST ADD ..... BABY

This week over at Just Add Ink, my sweet friend Patrice has set a "baby" challenge.

I was "tickled pink" (pardon the pun) with the very cute little birthday card I received from my friend Chris.  She inspired me to use my Scallop Envelope die, that doesn't often see the light of day.  I am loving all the possibilities that this style of card opens up.  The Scallop Envelope is the perfect size to adorn the front of a 10cm x 10cm card.  Here's what I came up with .... and I had a ball making it!




.... and a close-up of the subtly stamped background:



Stamps: Baby Bundle, A to Z, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Card: Crumb Cake, Pretty in Pink smooth & textured, Confetti White, Wisteria Wonder
DSP: Flirtatious Specialty Designer Series Paper
Ink: Crumb Cake and Wisteria Wonder stampin' pads, Pretty in Pink stampin' pad and marker
Other: Scallop Envelope die, Heart to Heart punch, Word Window punch, paper snips, sponge daubers, blender pen, stampin' dimensionals, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Neutrals brad

9 comments:

  1. Cutie pie card...love it...and will be absolutely CASing it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cute Christine! I love the envelope made from that dsp and the little booties hanging from the brad are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! This just oozes cuteness! I love the idea of using that envelope on the front of a card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is what happens when I get distracted and have to play catch up, how did I miss your birthday?

    I adore this gorgeous card of yours - loving the flirtacious dsp and that divine little scallop envie. It's a perfectly put together baby card. Well done you!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card. I'm putting the scallop envie die in my wish list. It adds a lovely pocket to the front of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my ... super cute and oh so adorable ... I love it!!!
    And Congratulations on your Guest Designer spot at JAI ...your work is great and it's well deserved!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea for that envelope die! Very cute. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love how you have the booties hanging off the brad "button" Christine what a fabulous idea! What a wonderful jam packed mini card!!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute, cute, cute - love the colours (especially the fact that you have crumb cake in with all the pretty girlie colours) & the bootie trim is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete