Saturday, May 7, 2011

JAI #67 SKETCH MEETS CTD #140 COLOUR CHALLENGE

Check out the beautiful colour combination put together by Barbara over at The Color Throwdown this week:



I have used these colours in the card I've made also for Just Add Ink's sketch challenge:




My starting point for this card was to stamp various images from Stampin' Up!'s gorgeous Nature Walk stamp set, to create a collage background on Confetti White card.  I spritzed some Early Espresso ink over the panel, distressed and sponged the edges.  I love how it turned out.  Don't you think this birthday sentiment (from the fabulous new Bring on The Cake set) is perfect for a vintage-y card?


Stamps: Nature Walk, Bring on The Cake
Card: Blushing Bride, Confetti White, Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze
DSP: Elegant Soiree Designer Series Paper
Ink: Baja Breeze, Blushing Bride, Crumb Cake stampin' pads, Early Espresso stampin' pad and marker
Other: Color Spritzer tool, Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die, Beautiful Wings embosslits die, Antique brad, Metallic brad, Decorative Label punch, Boho Blossoms punch, Itty Bitty Shapes punch, stamping sponge, sponge dauber, stampin' dimensionals

20 comments:

  1. Simply scrumptious, Christine. Those colours are fab together and you've done an awesome job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background you have created and the inking on the edges, soft but with definition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very beautiful Christine. I love your nature walk background, so pretty and "vintagey".
    Love the sentiment on the tag too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine, this is a beautiful vintagey look card! Yes the wording is just perfect and I love how you have used the stamps so softly on the background. Very very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely lovely lovely. Colours are soft and you've given it a great vintagey feel. Love that pretty little blue flower!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh I love it, beautiful and very vintagey, love the background, and the touches of blue, and that butterfly is gorgeous. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love those butterflies and your distressed edges with the stamp set you used looks fantastic. Beautiful job.

    Liam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Christine, this is absolutely stunning. Fantastic card :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW this my friend will go down as an all time favorite! simply stunning, I love it.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully done! the soft colours and subtle stamping are just lovely together. Your a clever chicky!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is exquisite Christine! The spritzing, sponging, distressing & "collaging" are amazing, & your butterfly is stunning. The sentiment stamp works perfectly for the "vintage-y" style.
    Beautiful palette from the Color Throwdown team & a great sketch from the lovely ladies at JAI! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Christine. So vintagey with the distressing and sponging. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Christine your background is absolutely lovely and so complements those beautiful butterflies. A great interpretation of the sketch. Thanks for playing again this week at JAI.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Christine. The background stamping looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous card Christine!! The background is beautiful and the layered butterfly makes a stunning centrepiece - you really cracked this sketch!!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, Christine! Love all the butterfly cards on your blog lately and especially the distressing and soft colors on this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow, this is gorgeous....I adore the butterfly and the soft colors....have a super fun week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your creations never disappoint, Christine - there are so many I want to CASE!!! This is beautiful... I LOVE the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is stunning Christine. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the background piece you've created. The butterlies are gorgeous too! I'm sorry I didn't get to speak to you properly at convention. I felt like I was running from here to there the whole time, and it wasn't until I was driving home that I realised I never got a chance to speak to you :( Hopefully we can rectify that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is gorgeous - I love how you've distressed the butterflies and the colours and layout are wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete