Friday, April 1, 2011

JAC-INKS CHALLENGE #5

You all know how I love a colour challenge, right?  Well, I've discovered another challenge site - Jac-Inks Papercraft Challenges, where new challenges are posted fortnightly by talented fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrators here in Australia.

The colour challenge that is currently running at Jac-Inks is to use any combination of the current In Colours from Stampin' Up!  Here's the range of colours to choose from:



I decided to use Poppy Parade as my starting point, and consulted my trusty Color Coach, to see if I could decide on a 'different' colour combo than one I'd normally choose.  I've gone with the suggestion of Poppy Parade, Pear Pizzazz, and Baja Breeze (who would've thought to throw that colour in??!!). I was rather taken by this card I recently showed you, so have gone with the same watercolour technique, and same basic layout.  I have to say, I love these cards - think I need to make a 'series' of them!



Stamps: Inspired by Nature, En Francais, Sincere Salutations
Card: Poppy Parade, Baja Breeze, Watercolour Paper
Ink: Poppy Parade stampin' pad and marker, Pear Pizzazz stampin' pad and marker, Baja Breeze marker, Basic Black stampin' pad
Other: Scallop Edge punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Stampin' sponge, Basic Black brads, Mat Pack and paper piercer, water spritzer bottle, Color Spritzer tool

7 comments:

  1. I agree who would have thought that colour combo, but it looks fabo together, I am loving those cards as well, nice soft look!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! This design is gorgeous Christine, & I, for one, would love to see a whole series of them! Great colours too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. What gorgeous colours together. I think I 'need' that stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this watercolour effect and these colours are great.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I assume you've been working on the remainder of the series....hee hee. This is lovely and I think would make a fabulous set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh Christine, you've chosen one of my favourite techniques (water-colour) and the card is beautiful. Those colours look great together don't they? I too hope to see you make a series of these cards in different colours. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at jac-inks Challenge 5.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally agree on the color coach... my lifesaver! Colour combo is great and the stamp set is one of my favourites :-) Thanks for playing with us at jac-inks and look forward to seeing more of your work!

    ReplyDelete