Tuesday, March 22, 2011

JUST ADD INK #60 - CARD FOR A GUY

I wanted to challenge myself, to not include any flowers or butterflies, on my second entry for this week's Just Add Ink challenge ..... these colours work so well for both of those beauties of nature, don't you think?



One of the new stamps that is coming out in Stampin' Up!'s Autumn/Winter Mini (released 1st April), is Motorcycle.  One of my brothers is a diehard Harley rider, so I HAD to have this stamp.  Here's what I've done with it:



Stamps: Motorcycle (*available 1st April), Party This Way, Sanded, Well Worn
Card: Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Whisper White
Ink: Crumb Cake stampin' pad, Old Olive stampin' pad, Rich Razzleberry stampin' pad and marker, Jet Black Staz-on inkpad, Basic Black stampin' pad, Basic Gray marker
Other: Blender Pens, Mat Pack and paper piercing tool, Colour Spritzer tool, Word Window punch, Modern Label punch, sponge dauber, Linen Thread, edge distressing tool, stampin' dimensionals, Crop-a-dile, Jumbo eyelet (Pewter)

12 comments:

  1. Thankyou for your comment!
    I love your card too. My brother-in-law would especially love it! Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great male card! As soon as I seen the colours I thought of flowery stuff too. You've done a great job thinking outside the box. I think I might have to get that stamp now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a perfect male card Christine! The first thing I thought of with those colours was flowers..........so for you to pull a male card off using them.......well you are just the cleverest girl around! Just about to email ya!

    Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow love the motorbike. Love coming to your blog to get inspiration for male cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect! When I saw that motorcyle stamp I knew I'd have to get it. Just need to introduce it to ink yet lol.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Christine for your comment on my blog! I really love your male card - always looking for ideas for male cards. The motorbike is on my wish List.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so clever, Christine, to use those colours on a male card and actually pull it off!! Well Worn is now on my wish list!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great blokes card Christine! I would never have thought Old Olive/ Razzleberry = motorcycle but it works!! Love the distressed splattered background - fabulous!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very Cool! Another fab male card, nice stitching and background Too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card Christine,such a great one for a man.Fab colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what a stunning job! When i seen the colours I thought female but this... you clever thing is perfect.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. AWESOME! Absolutely love it Christine (& your brother will too)!!! :)

    ReplyDelete