Saturday, February 12, 2011

THREE CHALLENGES, ONE CARD

I'm hoping I haven't missed the deadline at Stacey's Stamping Stage for this week's Curtain Call #68 (not too sure on time zones, but I have my fingers crossed that I'm scraping in!).  Stacey has put forward this colour combination to work with:



For the first time in a while, I was inspired to also work with a sketch (you might know that I find these particularly difficult!).  Here's the sketch challenge from Inkspirations:



Now, I also want to enter this card in this week's SUO Challenge, which is to use Stampin' Around wheels in our creations, but am unsure if it qualifies.  I don't have any of Stampin' Up!'s oval dies, so I used Nestabilities to cut the oval and scalloped oval on my card.  I'll link it up anyway, in the hope that this is okay!


Here's what I made; the layout is a bit outside of my comfort zone, but I really like how it turned out, and hope you do, too!

Stamps: Confetti, Friends 24-7, Take A Sip Stampin' Around wheel
Card: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Wild Wasabi textured, Pink Pirouette
DSP: Melon Mambo Patterns Designer Series Paper
Ink: Crumb Cake stampin' pad and marker, Jet Black Staz-On inkpad, Whisper White craft stampin' pad, Pink Pirouette stampin' pad and marker, Melon Mambo marker, Wild Wasabi marker
Other: Finial Press embossing folder, Basic Pearls, sponge daubers, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Nestabilities


Happy Saturday, everyone!  Isn't it great that it's the weekend?!

13 comments:

  1. Love your take on the sketch Christine, never thought to use a wheel for the main image. The bling finishes it off nicely too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! I've never even noticed that wheel. It's come up great. Love your cards Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card, Just love it to bits.
    Rach:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH I LOVE this!!! You have done such a beautiful job here Christine. I was gonna play with this weeks challenge too but time just wasnt on my side this week!

    Luv Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute card! Thanks for joining in at SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I love your card! Thanks for playing along!

    Hugs,
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm ready for a cup of coffee with a friend after seeing your card :) Thanks so much for joining us at Inkspirations this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo hoo for you, very impressed you went with a sketch challenge. Your card has turned out fabbo, love all the colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! Your sentiment fits perfectly. What better way to make friends than sharing a cuppa! Great use of these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Christine, so glad you tackled the sketch because your card is so cute! Love the bright colours on the Crumbcake background & how clever are you using the wheel as the main image. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a happy card! Super job on the challenge combination! So glad you joined us at SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You should come out of your comfort zone more often. great card

    ReplyDelete