Monday, February 28, 2011

THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS, CHRISTCHURCH

I am a little disorganised, but have every intention this week of bundling up a whole lot of cards to send off to Victim Support in Christchurch, New Zealand.  Please see this post at Just Add Ink to find out how you, too, can help, if you are a papercrafter. 

I am a New Zealander, and an Australian, and can hardly put into words how deeply affected I feel by last week's destructive earthquake in Christchurch.  As I am sure so many of you can relate to, I feel utterly helpless, but WANT to do something, anything, to show that I am thinking of all those living through the nightmare of the earthquake's aftermath. 

I made this card using a recent colour combination from an Inkspirations Challenge.  This is one of what I hope will be many cards that I'll be sending off to Christchurch.


Stamps: Thoughts & Prayers, All A Flutter, En Francais
Card:  Tangerine Tango, Whisper White, Early Espresso, Marina Mist
Ink: Tangerine Tango stampin' pad and marker, Early Espresso stampin' pad and marker, Jet Black Staz-on inkpad
Other: Tangerine Tango striped grosgrain ribbon (retired), Early Espresso 1/8" taffeta ribbon, Wide Oval punch, Beautiful Wings embosslits die, Stamp-a-ma-jig

3 comments:

  1. Hello my fellow kiwi/aussie friend ~

    It's hard isn't it, wanting to do something yet not really being close enough for hands on. I bundled up 30 odd cards last night and am heading off to post them shortly. I imagine any little bit will help.

    Love your card btw.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Christine. Let's hope it can bring someone a little bit of comfort during such hard times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine,
    Love your card using Greenhouse Garden , it is one of the stamp sets on my wish list.
    l now know how to post a comment, yipee!!!

    ReplyDelete