Saturday, February 5, 2011

JUST ADD INK #54 .... "LOVE DEFINED" VALENTINE

Here's the colour challenge over at Just Add Ink this week:



LOVE what the girls come up with, week in, week out.  Now, I know this combination has been touted as a "girly girl" one, but I decided it'd be perfect for a Valentine's card for hubby.  He's a bit of a no-nonsense, non-card-loving (sacrilege, I know), unsentimental guy.  He'd prefer not to get a Valentine's Day card, since we really don't recognise Valentine's Day.  But, hey, it's another excuse for me to create, so I'm running with it!

I've just bought some of Stampin' Up!'s cute little Note Cards, in Whisper White (thanks Bron Eastley for MAKING me get these!!).  They are a gorgeous size - just shy of 9cm x 13cm.  They come with envelopes, and cost only $9.50 for 20.  Contact me if you don't have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, and would like to order some!

Here is the un-girly card I've made for this week's challenge:


Stamps: Love Defined, Itty Bitty Bits
Card: Whisper White, Note Card, Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Regal Rose textured
Ink: Soft Suede stampin' pad, Early Espresso marker, Rose Red stampin' pad and marker, Regal Rose marker
Other: Itty Bitty Shapes punch (circle), aquapainter, Linen Thread, 1 3/8" square punch, sponge dauber, Nestabilities, edge distressing tool 

15 comments:

  1. very cute!! LOVE the love defined stamp set, will have to add it to my wish list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I find male valentine's cards very difficult but yours is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Christine - secretly I bet Andrew would be very disappointed if he didn't receive one of your lovely creations now wouldn't he? xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it Christine. I too have one of those grumps living in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really lovely card. I just love those Itty Bitty punches and stamps. Never thought I would, but the are really handy to add those extra touches. I am sure your husband will love the card you made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card, Christine. I love the tree in the oval frame.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute card Christine , if hubby dosen't like it to bad. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there gorgeous!

    Just LOVE this card of yours - I reckon your hubby will love it!

    Luv K
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great male take, I am sure he will love it... how can he not its from you and it is stunning,
    Big question is will you get one in return ;o)

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous Christine! Hopefully Andrew will appreciate this little piece of art - I sure do! The twine ("man ribbon") looks awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it Christine...Especially the background and the twine. Hope he loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A gorgeous card Christine, love the addition of the twine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That tree looks soooo good, and love the twine - lends itself well to male cards I think. You've done really well to make these colours masculine - go you!

    Totally love the note cards myself!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this colour combo Christine and it is perfect for a Valentine card. Just as well we girls support each other, as these non-card-loving males are a pain (also having one)!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely little package of love!! The tree just looks gorgeous framed in that textured oval, and of course twine is just great for blokey cards.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete