Friday, February 18, 2011

COLOR THROWDOWN #129 : BABY BOY CARD

I just love these days, on which my stamping plans come to fruition!  I've been itching to use my Baby Tees jumbo Stampin' Around wheel, that I just HAD to have, but until now had not actually inked up (y'know, yet another one of "those" purchases!).  The colour challenge over at Color Throwdown is, I think, perfect for a baby boy card.  Take a look at what inspired me:




I don't have any Ballet Blue cardstock or ink left (I was a bit ruthless in culling all my retired Stampin' Up! products!), so I've used Marina Mist.  My 'dark' green is Wild Wasabi, and the light green is Certainly Celery.  Here's my cutie-patootie card:


Stamps: Baby Tees jumbo Stampin' Around wheel, Baby Bundle
Card: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Marina Mist
DSP: Certainly Celery, Marina Mist, Wild Wasabi and Crumb Cake Patterns Designer Series Papers
Ink: Jet Black Staz-On inkpad, Crumb Cake stampin' pad and marker, Certainly Celery, Marina Mist and Wild Wasabi stampin' pads
Other: Scallop Edge punch, Word Window punch, Modern Label punch, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, sponge daubers, paper snips, Linen Thread

9 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous Christine! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is just something about baby cards huh? THis one is so cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet Christine, l love the way you have used Dsp on the jump suits, really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this is super cute, I must get myself that wheel just so I can case this! lol
    I love those little teddies!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. soo cute...i just love the baby tees wheel. i had to use it as soon as i got it but i have other sets that i "had" to have and are still not inked

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you have done with the baby tees Christine! The paper piecing looks fantastic & leaving the tees on the edges of the image white, has really made the central three "pop". Glorious colours - I wouldn't have thought of adding Crumbcake to the greens, blues & white. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is indeed a cute-patootie! How precious! Thanks so much for playing along in the Color Throwdown with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cute card, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete