Sunday, November 7, 2010

"WE STAMP FOR LARA" CUPCAKE CARD

You may have noticed, in my blog side bar, a little badge linking to the "We Stamp For Lara" fundraising event that's running throughout November.  Please, if you can, support Madonna Dunn (a fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator) in her efforts to raise much-needed funds to help make her little daughter's life a bit easier.  There are heaps of great papercrafting tutorials on offer, along with weekly challenges and giveaways.  Please visit Madonna's blog for details.  If you're able to make a donation, or pay the small $25 fee for an entire month of papercrafting fun, please consider paying directly into the nominated bank account, rather than Paypal.  We want to make sure that the funds go exactly where they're intended!!

This week's challenge, at We Stamp For Lara, is to make a cupcake card.  I was thrilled to have some time in my craft room today, to make cards for a few challenges I've been wanting to participate in.  Thanks to my friend Kerry, I have lots of gorgeous little die-cut cupcakes, that I created with her Sizzix die on a girls' weekend away a few months back.  The die, and the paper I used, is not from Stampin' Up!, but everything else on my card is.

Stamps: Fast Flowers stampin' around wheel, Sincere Salutations
Card: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Blushing Bride
Ink: Blushing Bride, Old Olive and Crumb Cake stampin' pads
Other: Wide Oval punch, Old Olive brad, Scallop Trim border punch, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Scor-Pal, Old Olive 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, Blushing Bride poly-stitched ribbon, mat pack and paper-piercing tool, sponge dauber

8 comments:

  1. Hey there Chrisine!

    Another absolutely beautiful card from you. I just love the gorgeous simple layout with the cupcake taking centre stage!!

    Thank you for always leaving me such lovely comments on my blog! Everytime I read something from you I always go Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!
    I think you have more faith in me than I do in myself sometimes! lol

    Luv Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Christine! Another yummy colour combination & I love all the subtle details you have included. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beauty. Love the Blushing Bride/Crumb Cake combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet, what a lovely colour combo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine
    Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog, that was so lovely of you.
    I see you live in a beautiful part of Australia, Mt Evelyn is just gorgeous.
    I love this card you have created, it is so soft and pretty. Those colours look so lovely together, and your cupcake is just scrumptious. I love the little extras too, the ribbon and punched border. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card I too love the colour combo and isn't that cupcake just the cutest!!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooo cute! That cupcake is too sweet - especially in that delicious paper!!! I love it - especially the yummy colours - you are way too talented! :)

    ReplyDelete