Tuesday, July 20, 2010

JUST ADD INK #26 ..... TAKE TWO

This week's challenge at Just Add Ink is to add embossing to a papercraft project.  I've already shared with you my card that has heat-embossing on it, so I thought I'd also share a little project that incorporates dry embossing.

I had some panels of card that I'd put through my Big Shot, using Stampin' Up!'s Manhattan Flowers embossing folder.  You know when you get new toys (especially die cutting and embossing ones), how you kind of go to town and over-use them, leaving you with piles of die-cut and embossed pieces?  Well, I got a bit tired of making cards with my Manhattan Flowers embossed pieces, before I'd actually used them all.  I cut a couple down, using the Top Note die in my Big shot, and made some cutie-pie smaller cards.  Take a look:


Here are the ingredients used on the cards:

Stamps: Short & Sweet
Card: Confetti White, Soft Suede
Ink: Soft Suede stampin' pad
Other: Soft Suede Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon, Scallop Circle Punch, page from old book, Vintage brad, Word Window Punch, Sponge Dauber Top Note Die, Manhattan Flowers embossing folder, paper snips

Stamps: Vintage Vogue, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Card: Very Vanilla
Ink: Rich Razzleberry and Sahara Sand stampin' pads
Other: Rich Razzleberry Polka Dot Grosgrain ribbon (reversed), Word Window Punch, Build-A-Brad, 1/2" circle punch, Cottage Wall DSP, Sponge Dauber, Top Note Die, Manhattan Flowers Embossing folder

I can see myself making lots more of these - such fun, and they'd make a lovely little boxed set, don't you think?

8 comments:

  1. These are pretty darn gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Christine and they would make a lovely set of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful Christine - I love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Sweet! They look quick and easy, yet so effective. Perfect in a boxed set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these cute little cards! Such a great idea for using all those Big Shot goodies :)
    Thanks for leaving some comments about my cards too. You always make an effort to visit people's entries and leave a kind word, and it's always so encouraging. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love the layering on the Soft Suede.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cute! I'm so out of the "Top-Note World" mght have to CASE these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always love your work, Christine. Great take on the embossing challenge, thanks for coming to play at Just Add Ink! xx

    ReplyDelete