Saturday, July 10, 2010

JUST ADD INK #25

Another day, another challenge!  When I saw this week's colour challenge at Just Add Ink, I was determined to NOT leave it until the very last minute to enter.  I'm a sucker for a colour challenge.  Sketch challenges, not so much.

Here is the colour combo for this week over at JAI:

JAI#25 Colour Combo



 I added in to the mix a personal challenge, to use no flowers or butterflies on my card.  I didn't say anything about birds, though, LOL .... so, this is what I came up with:



JAI#25 CARD

Stamps: Friends 24-7

Card: Soft Suede, Rose Red, Very Vanilla, Elegant Eggplant

DSP: Autumn Traditions Designer Series Paper

Ink: Versamark inkpad, Elegant Eggplant and Soft Suede Stampin' Pads

Other: XL Two-Step Bird Punch, Rose Red 1" Double-Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Very Vanilla 5/16" brads, sponge daubers



Aside from the untidy ribbon ends (no matter how carefully I trimmed the ribbon, it frayed, so this is as good as it gets!), and the late-night photography (yet again), I'm quite happy with this one!

20 comments:

  1. Christine, I absolutely love this. It really is a show stopper. the bow is perfect .... the addition of the leaves was the perfect touch. Great take on the color challenge. Really beautiful card.
    thank you for inspiring us
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, Christine! I love the way you've used these colours :)
    Hope you're having a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and no butterflies or flowers. I love your box aswell. You inspired me to use my bird punch more. Have a great weekend.
    Rach:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the card good use of the bird punch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice design Christine. I use pinking shears for those ribbons that fray alot, helps to stop that instant fraying as soon as you cut it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bow is divine...I am a sucker for that ribbon. I usually dab a bit of two-way glue pen along the ribbon edge to discourage fraying. Doesn't solve your cutting problem though (my scissors play up when they are gluggy with tape)...but hey, who has time to clean 'em when there's stamping to do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christine,
    great job with the colour challenge! I really like the horizontal layers you've used and how the white brads break up the suede layer - and the bow, frays included;)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely lovely card Christine. Your bow rocks! You must have been listening about the lazy sister at convention!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Love the bird and the background. Great use of the colours.
    liam

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card, I don't know how you get your bow so pefect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely Christine - you have just combined the colours so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, Christine! The sentiment is awesome and the bow is beautiful. I also like the white brads. They add great interest. Great take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous Christine. Love the brads and bow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. you did well christine - i wasn't going to enter this one, but you've inspired me to try and find the time...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Christine! I love all the different elements,and the photo is great! I hate taking my pics at night :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. isn't this a great colour combo?? Just love your card

    ReplyDelete
  17. A great layout and you've made the colours work so well together! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so darn pretty. Thanks for playing Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The contrast of the bird against the rest of the card is great!! Thanks for stopping by my blog too :)

    ReplyDelete