Wednesday, February 3, 2010

"JUST ADD HEARTS"

I know, 2 posts in one day - incredible!  See what happens when I get time away from work?  I love it!  (Hubby chastises me for 'wasting' time on the computer - what does he know??!)

I've decided to play along with a challenge on the new Just Add Ink site; established by, and for, Stampin' Up! demonstrators in Australia and New Zealand.  The challenge for this week is to "just add hearts" to a papercraft project.  Given that card-making is my true love, a card it has to be.

JAI2 card

My stamping friends and regular blog followers will know that I am a little, ah, obsessed with brads.  I've been resting the old Build-A-Brads a bit lately, so decided to go all-out on this card!  The design on the brads is actually the filigree heart stamp (how beautiful is it?), stamped onto Very Vanilla card and punched out with a 1/2" circle punch.  Nicely matched to the main images, don't you think?

Here are the details of the card:

Stamps: I {Heart} Hearts, Sweet Little Sentiments

Card: Riding Hood Red, Very Vanilla

Ink: Riding Hood Red and Chocolate Chip stampin' pads

DSP: Candy Lane

Other: Chocolate Chip 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon, Build-A-Brads, 1/2" circle punch, edge distresser, stamp-a-ma-jig, paper snips (I cut the hearts out by hand).



Make sure you visit the Just Add Ink blog, and show the girls some love!


 

11 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet little card. Love it to bits. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink! x Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet, Christine! I love brads too (I'm a bit of a hoarder!), and the ones you've made are gorgeous! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do husbands know about blog surfing? Mine moans I am wasting time on the net too, but then I can't see what he sees in cycling?? I mean sitting on a bike get a sore backside,puffing and sweating or sitting at my craft table or computer creating or looking at other's creations. No contest!! Great card by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card with the gorgeous matching brads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card....build a brads...ohh they are cool. I really like the way you have put the two ribbons together. Chantell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your brads Christine ... and ditto Kerry ... I call it 'market research' when I get the 'look'!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wowsers at the brads ..must get them out now I see your gorgeous card with them..thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL at Kerry's comment - couldn't agree more!
    Gorgeous card Christine! Love those colours and I must get me some of those brads one of these days...!
    S x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those brads are great! I love 'em - well done!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just gorgeous! You've been busy lately. Loving all your cards. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this Christine. RHR and Choc Chip are a great combo.

    ReplyDelete