Tuesday, July 28, 2009

CHRISTMAS CARDS (yes, already)... and a sneak peek..

On Saturday I held a "Christmas in July" card-making class .... for once, I am making an early start so that I don't get too overwhelmed come December 20th!  The class went for 3 hours, and I'd like to thank Lynda, Dannika, Rachel, Cynthia, Marissa and Kerry for helping to make it a great afternoon.  I really enjoyed it, and think everyone else did too.  I had grand plans for us to make 3 cards, then continue on with a 'free time' session, so everyone could use my supplies to create a stash of cards.  Time flew, and we managed 3 cards and a candle - then it was time to wind it up.  I think we need another session, girls!  I was too excited about having my friends over, to remember to take photos of the day 'in action', but I thought I'd share with you all a shot of the cards we made on the day.

I showed the girls how a variety of Stampin' Up!'s stamp sets can be used to make Christmas cards.  You don't have to use traditional Christmas colours or Christmas-only stamps to make lovely festive cards.  One card we made was a traditional style, using Always Artichoke and Bravo Burgundy - love these colours together, even though it was a little out of my comfort zone at first! The main image is from "Lovely as a Tree"; not a Christmas set, but don't you think the tree looks "Christmassy"?  Next we made a "Season of Joy" (fantastic, versatile stamp set) card, using Riding Hood Red and Very Vanilla, with Kiwi Kiss ribbon.  The third card, that had very little stamping on, and made good use of the large star punch, was made with Baja Breeze and Whisper White, with a little Basic Gray.  Take a look below:

Xmas in july class

It's now only a matter of days until Stampin' Up!'s Spring Mini catalogue 'goes live'.  In conjunction with the fabulous 2009/2010 Idea Book & Catalogue, we will have some new stamps, papers and accessories available for 4 months only.  If you'd like a copy of 'the mini', please email me and I'll be happy to send one out to you!

I am in love with the Parisian Breeze specialty designer series paper that will be available in Australia and New Zealand from August 1st.  This is a gorgeous, heavyweight, paper that contains some of my  favourite colours.  I have used it to make a card for my friend who is celebrating her 40th birthday tomorrow, and thought I'd share with you a sample of a couple new yummy products.  My card uses a great, versatile, new stamp set (called Oval All) and co-ordinating scallop oval punch. 

Parisian breeze card

Stamps: Oval All

Card: Whisper White, Kraft

DSP: Parisian Breeze

Ink: Baja Breeze and Sahara Sand stampin' pads, Timber Brown Staz-on

Other: Large oval punch, scallop oval punch, aquapainter, Baja Breeze ribbon from Valet ribbon originals, kraft taffeta ribbon, sponge dauber, dimensionals, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, Kaiser rhinestones

5 comments:

  1. Christine your cards are beautiful - really love the birthday card those colours are just perfect together. Enjoying your site, you are very creative and have some brilliant cards.
    Have a great day.
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine. Welcome home! Fantastic Christmas cards......feels good to get an early start on them doesn't it! Love those stars along the bottom of the blue card. Great work! Love Anita. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The birthday card is fab, love those colours and I can't wait to be able to order the new stuff.
    I had a great time on Saturday and Ethan was the perfect host.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey darls, loving your creations. Just gorgeous! Glad you had a fun day Saturday. See you Thursday night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have my order from the Spring Mini ready to go .. just waiting for the calendar to click over :o) I for one am glad you took photos of the cards and not us. The cards are much prettier! (Speaking for myself of course; all the ladies were lovely inside and out, and I had a great time too. Looking forward to our next "play").

    ReplyDelete