Tuesday, June 2, 2009

MORE CIRCLE CIRCUS ....Red and Blue this time ....

Hi folks, back for the second time in one day - woo hoo!  I didn't go to work today, and as a result am feeling much happier and 'in control' of things.  Several hours were spent attacking my mountain of ironing, and I have had the washing machine going for what seems like the entire day, but I have also managed to enjoy some 'down' time. 

This afternoon I stamped a panel of Circle Circus images in Real Red and Brilliant Blue, on Whisper White card.  I started off stamping a couple of images in a very neat, structured, repetitive pattern, then added a bit here and a bit there - before I knew it, things had got a little out of control, and I had an unstructured, cluttered, very full piece!  I like it, but it's not quite what I had in mind when I started.  This is what I had to work with:

Red,blue circle panel

The bold, primary colours made me steer towards cards that could be suitable for men/boys.  I initially thought of making a child's card, but because I incorporated almost all the patterns from the stamp set, it became a little more 'grown up' looking.  (Perhaps I should've kept it simpler??)  Anyway, here is the first card I made - really pleased with it, actually!  Very simple, clean lines and bold colours (even though the photography is a bit fuzzy, it's crisp-looking in real life!).

Kraft,red,blue circle circus

Stamps: Circle Circus, Occasional Greetings

Card: Whisper White, Kraft, Brilliant Blue, Real Red

Ink: Brilliant Blue, Real Red stampin' pads

Other: Real Red 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, small circle brad, edge distresser, circle punches - 3/4", 1", 1 1/4", dimensionals, Stamp-a-ma-jig



This next card is brighter and 'busier', since I didn't tone it down with kraft card.  Rather than punching out the circles, I used the stamped panel as the main focus of the card, and added a few embellishments.  Because of the detail in the stamped piece, I didn't want anything fussy - just a couple of lovely new brads, small scraps of ribbon, and some paper piercing.

White,red,blue circle circus

Stamps: Circle Circus, Occasional Greetings

Card: Whisper White, Brilliant Blue, Real Red

Ink: Brilliant Blue, Real Red stampin' pads

Other: Large circle brads, Real Red 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, edge distresser, paper piercer, corner rounder punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig

And that's it, for today's Circle Circus round-up!  I think I need a break; haven't been this prolific in my card-making for a while.  I do plan to post yet more Circle Circus cards on here before the week's up, so stay tuned!!

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Spotted the new photo, a very Claire type pose.LOL. In amongst all that washing and ironing, did you find "that jersey" the 'ubby was certain, was there? Wow, you are really on a roll at the minute girl, your creativity knows no bounds, keep it up, the cards are fab, can't wait for the next installment.I will be taking Claire up on her offer to borrow the set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Love the pink ones too. Cheers, Sue

    ReplyDelete